Thu, Oct 19|
WOOLSAFE FIBRE CARE SPECIALIST FOR CLEANING TECHNICIANS - Oct 2023
Time & Location
Oct 19, 8:45 AM – 5:30 PM EDT
The WoolSafe Fibre Care Specialist course assumes that the student has reached a reasonably high level of competence and experience in cleaning carpets and rugs. It is also intended to be an essential reference and resource for those who are concerned with maintaining residential (domestic) or commercial (contract) wool carpets and rugs, whether they become a WoolSafe-Approved Carpet Care Specialist or not.
With this objective in mind, this course initially follows wool fibre from fleece, to yarn, to carpet, and therefore, it describes aspects of textile processing and carpet manufacture. Initial processing and carpet or rug construction is followed by basic issues concerned with actual cleaning. These aspects of what are essentially textile technology, determine the ways in which wool carpet and rugs should be maintained and cleaned.
- Introduction to wool and other carpet fibres and their physical and chemical characteristics of relevance to carpet cleaning
- Manufacture and characteristics of 100% wool and wool-rich carpets and rugs
- Colouration techniques, dying and printing of wool and wool carpets and rugs
- Cleaning and maintenance techniques specific to wool and wool-rich carpets and rugs
- WoolSafe approval programme for carpet and upholstery cleaning and protection products
- WoolSafe approved products: how and why they are selected, and why you should use them
- Common problems with wool floor coverings and how to deal with them.
Registration at 8:45 a.m.
Training sessions will begin at 9:00 a.m. and finish at approximately 5:00 p.m.
Regular breaks during the day will be scheduled.
A course manual and an ‘open book’ examination paper will be issued to every candidate at the end of the training course. Completed exams must be returned to The WoolSafe Organisation for adjudication within one month. The minimum standard required is 80% for qualification as a WoolSafe Fibre Care Specialist. Candidates who achieve this mark will be invited to become WoolSafe Approved Service Providers. Those that meet the membership requirements will, upon payment of the registration and membership fees, be registered, listed and issued with the relevant Certificate.
Instructor: Adam Jankowski MBICSc. MISSE Tech IOSH
Adam is a consultant and consultant trainer with The Restoration Academy UK Limited. With over 28 years of experience, he is one of the most prolific trainers in the industry working with some of the most significant suppliers of products and services in the cleaning and restoration industry. Adam was a director of The National Carpet Cleaners Association for 5 years and has served on the UK Advisory Council of the IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification – an international standards and certification body for our industry).
Adam is a Member of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc), a Member of the Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE) and holds memberships with The British Damage Management Association (BDMA), Indoor Air Quality UK (IAQUK), Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH), Cleaning Industry Research Institute (CIRI) and International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ).
Adam is a consultant instructor for the WoolSafe Organisation and teaches as an independent instructor and consultant for other clients such as The National Flood School, Legend Brands (Chemspec and Dri-Eaz), Prochem (Europe) Limited and other private corporate clients including working an expert witness/consultant for the BBC’s Watchdog/Rogue Traders program (aired on 4th November 2010) on an alleged carpet cleaning scam and advised the BBC on a pilot program which was to include a carpet identification challenge.
Adam’s qualifications and certifications include:
- National General Certificate in Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Technician (National Carpet Cleaners Association)
- WoolSafe Fibre Care Specialist (by the WoolSafe Organisation)
- WoolSafe Registered Carpet Inspector
- WoolSafe Registered Instructor
- BDMA Level 1 Technician (British Damage Management Association)
- Carpet Cleaning Technician (IICRC CCT)
- Upholstery Cleaning Technician (IICRC UFT)
- Leather Cleaning Technician (IICRC LCT)
- (Oriental & Speciality…) Rug Cleaning Technician (IICRC RCT)
- Carpet Repair and Re-Installation Technician (IICRC RRT)
- Odour Control Technician (IICRC OCT)
- Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician (IICRC CCMT)
- (Carpet) Colour Repair Technician (IICRC CRT)
- Water (Damage) Restoration Technician (IICRC WRT)
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (IICRC AMRT)
- Applied Structural Drying Technician (IICRC ASD)
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician (IICRC FSRT)
- Health & Safety Technician (IICRC HST)
- Trauma & Crime Scene Cleaning Technician (IICRC TCST)
- Commercial Drying Technician (IICRC CDS)
With the above certifications the IICRC has awarded Adam the designations:
- Master Textile Cleaner
- Master Fire & Smoke Damage Restorer
- Master Water Damage Restorer
...and has been approved by the IICRC as an instructor in:
- Carpet Cleaning (IICRC CCT)
- Upholstery Cleaning (IICRC UFT)
- Water Damage Restoration (IICRC WRT)
- Applied Structural Drying (IICRC ASD)
- Fire & Smoke Damage Remediation (IICRC FSRT)
- Odour Control (IICRC OCT)
- Applied Microbial Remediation (IICRC AMRT) and
- Health and Safety (IICRC HST)
In addition to delivering training courses in Great Britain, Adam has taught for clients in The Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Israel, India, Dubai, China, Poland and Greece which included working with local sponsors and translators. Adam is fluent in Polish and successfully taught IICRC classes in Polish and has lectured as a guest lecturer at The University of Lodz in Poland.
During the Coronavirus SARS 2, COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 and 2021, Adam has assisted clients with the transfer of many courses into on-line, live-streaming classes and participated in expert panel discussion on the practical issues of health and safety and personal protection in pandemic (biohazard clean-ups).
Adam retired from delivering technical services, instead, concentrating his efforts on education and consultancy in the cleaning and insurance repair industry.
Class & Exam Fees
+CA$5.62 service fee
Buy One Get One Free!
+CA$5.62 service fee0
Are you having issues entering your details to register for classes follow the following steps
1. Go to MORE in the top toolbar
2. Click MEMBERS
3. Click MEMBER NAME that appears on the screen
4. Click LOGOUT
5. Return to the desired class you wish to register for & follow the instructions to complete registration
If you require further assistance, please connect with us via our CHAT BOX (located at bottom right of screen)